Why does it always seem pathetic when a girl is in love with a boy who doesn’t love her back, and romantic and heartbreaking when a boy loves a girl who doesn’t love him
you know exactly why
*pulls cord, revealing poorly made banner and confetti*
Reblogging for best commentary I’ve ever seen.
That’s a great way to let people know who not to hire.
I was on LinkedIn and looking at suggestions for a group (Science Teachery Stuff), then …”I wonder” … search, “Men’s Rights”
Yep, there’s a group. 6 people, though. Pretty disappointing. In case you’re not familiar, here’s their About section:
The Men’s Rights Movement is concerned with the perceived diminishing legal and societal rights of men, primarily in Western cultures. This includes disparity in conviction, sentencing, custody, matrimonial and alimony laws, as well as the perceived discrimination of males in society at large, including in the work place and in the media.
- Jamie: If it's us being terrorists, it doesn't get covered.
- Allison: Exactly, and we would certainly never call it terrorism.
- Jamie: Even though, I bet the people of Iraq are *really* afraid when they see America.
- Allison: Well, what you were just saying, about how you don't retaliate by killing innocent civilians. That's exactly what the US military did after September 11. We were like, "You don't kill civilians, WE kill civilians!".
- Jamie: And then we're like, "We're rebuilding! By replacing people.... with nothing."
- Allison: "No, no, hear us out... We hired a really shady company named Halliburton that isn't *really* good at construction but we're going to give them BILLIONS of dollars."
- Jamie: "Oh there's no room to build? We're going to like, remove the women and children, with bullets, so then like 'Oh where are we going to put that building? How about where that kid was?'"
- Allison: Right, right. "But, I know you're mad... hear us out... we're going to leave... before anything's accomplished."
- Jamie: Now, you're probably going to be like, "Why did they just come in, fuck everything up and leave?" Well that's because you don't understand democracy.
- Allison: BOOM.
- Jamie: All done.
- Allison: And of course the boom would actually be a cluster bomb going off.
If you’re “not all like that”, please call out the people in your particular group or movement who are just like that, rather than snapping at the people who do it for you.
If you have the energy to spend chewing out people who have been victimized by your group directly or indirectly, you should spend it on fixing that shit, or acknowledge that you yourself are probably just like that.